SAVE THE DATE
The organising committee is delighted to announce that the 2018 conference will be held at the Doubletree by Hilton Esplanade from Wednesday, 2nd May through to Friday, 4th of May 2018 in Darwin, Northern Territory.
A biennial event hosted by ALLA (the Association), the Conference is the major professional and business development event in the Association’s 2018 calendar.
ALLA is a national not-for-profit association with over 500 members in all states and territories. The Association represents librarians and information professionals working in courts, universities, government departments, law firms and professional associations.
The Conference is the key education and networking opportunity for law librarians to discuss issues and innovations in the legal information sector. We anticipate approximately 175 delegates and over 20 speakers from across Australia and overseas will be in attendance. The Conference will be held in Melbourne at the State Library Victoria.
ALLA is a not for profit professional body with the following objectives:
- to promote and provide a national focus for law librarianship;
- to support the interests of law libraries, collections, and legal information services to both private and public legal organisations and communities;
- to promote a network for law librarians, provide forums for continuing education and advocate on behalf of the interests of legal libraries and librarians in Australia;
- to benefit members and enhance the status of the profession through the organisation of high quality meetings and conferences;
- to communicate to members of the Association as a whole; to liaise with the member Divisions; to disseminate information among Divisions; and to foster a spirit of co- operation among members of the profession;
- the publication of information of interest to members, and the encouragement of bibliographical study and research in law and law librarianship;
- Members of the Association have access to continuing professional development, local networking events, publisher and vendor trials, a members only wiki with legal research Q&A, a national publishers’ liaison, podcasts and a national network of experienced, enthusiastic and professional law librarians;
- to promote co-operation & collaboration, with related and relevant organisations & societies; and
- to encourage exposure to new and emerging technologies and tools which enhance and extend the profession of law librarianship.